Homeowners Insurance

Frisco, Texas

Purchasing homeowners insurance can get confusing, and at Texas Insurance Services we understand this. Although you are not legally required to purchase home insurance as you are with car insurance, all mortgage companies are requiring it as part of their finance agreements with home owners. If you are faced with the sometimes daunting task of shopping for homeowner’s insurance, don’t be concerned! Texas Insurance Services is an independent insurance agency that can shop multiple carriers to get you the best home insurance policy available to you! Let us do the shopping for you!

Typically, a basic Texas homeowner’s insurance policy will cover the following:

  • Dwelling – pays if your house is damaged or destroyed by a covered loss.
  • Personal property – pays if the items in your house (such as furniture, clothing, and appliances) are damaged, stolen, or destroyed.
  • Other structures – pays to repair or rebuild structures not attached to your house, such as detached garages, storage sheds, and fences.
  • Loss of use – pays your additional living expenses (housing, food, and other essential expenses) if you must temporarily move because of damage to your house from a covered loss.
  • Personal liability – pays to defend you in court against lawsuits and provides coverage if you are found legally responsible for someone else’s injury or property damage.
  • Medical payments – pays the medical bills of people hurt on your property.

Other Types of Residential Property Policies

Renters insurance. Renters insurance covers your belongings, provides liability protection, and pays additional living expenses if a fire or other event stated in your policy forces you to move temporarily.

Condominium/ Townhouse insurance. Condominium policies help protect your personal property and the interior of your unit. You will also have liability protection for bodily injury or property damage to others.

Landlord/ Investment Property insurance. Covers damage to your investment property and covers you from certain types of liability unique to landlords.

Mobile Home insurance. Mobile home insurance is similar to regular homeowner’s insurance, but it’s tailor-made for mobile homes.

Farm and ranch insurance. Farm and ranch owners policies insure homes outside city limits on land used for farming and raising livestock and can include coverage for certain farm equipment and outbuildings.

Umbrella insurance. An umbrella policy can provide an additional layer of protection, giving you broader coverage if you’re sued.

The needs of every home owner are different and your home insurance policy should reflect that. The agents at Texas Insurance Services will work with you to create a homeowner’s insurance policy that will best suit you and your family. Contact us today for more information on our comprehensive homeowner’s insurance policy options.